Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A tree out on highway 15


This is technically the square for March 16, but I'm running late.

This is a solitary tree sitting out in the middle of a field off the highway to my grandmother's house. I've always really liked this particular tree. It just has a great shape. There's an orchard further on down the road that has a lot of nice trees too, but I've always liked those random lone trees. This was a great chance to work on my knots. I used 3 different shades of green (a kelly highlighted with a pastel and a forest). I made a knot in the tree by using a single lazy daisy stitch. I really like my red flower at the bottom. After I did the yellow ones it just looked like it needed a little extra pop.

Oh, and look at my adorable puppies.
Peace, Love, and Stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment