Friday, March 19, 2010

Singing In the Rain


I've gotten a little behind on my squares, but since I'm using them to countdown the days until I graduate I think it's ok if I neglect them as long as it's for schoolwork. Luckily this next week is Spring Break so I'll be able to catch up and hopefully get ahead. Research Paper be damned!
Today's (ok, Wednesday's, whatever) square hopefully reflects the iconic image of Gene Kelly splashing around a street outside of Debbie Reynolds' house because he's in love with the girl. I love all of Kelly's musicals and aside from the ballet at the end of An American In Paris, this is my favorite scene. Kelly was running 103 temperature while being soaked in a mix of water and milk (the cameras caught it better) and did the entire thing in one take. I think at the time it had one of the longest tracked shots ever. Anyway, I'm loving how this one turned out. I had trouble deciding which details to leave in and take out, but I think it captures the spirit of the original nicely.

Peace, Love, and Stitches.

1 comment:

  1. I love it...and I love that you're doing this as a countdown until you graduate. How much fun is that?

    Good luck! And hey, maybe if you stitch what you're studying into the squares it will soak in really well for your finals!

    ReplyDelete